Friday, March 27, 2009

THRIFT SHOPPING

So, when i woke up this morning i felt a sudden urge to go thrift shopping. I mean, I really wanted to go right away. I can feel the brogues calling me, saying "BUY ME!" lol
After I ate breakfast I took a bath and prepared to go on this little adventure, it was an adventure because it was my first time to go on thrift shopping (in the third world) alone. I was quite scared at first honestly, but nothing can get in the way of my brogues!

And at 2 p.m. I was off!
hours passed and still there's no sign of those perfect shoes. minutes, seconds. NADA!
So, even though it's not like me, I gave up.

But no worries, I didn't come home empty handed, I got these pretty cool fabrics down the fabric store to sew on my old, worn out shirt. It will be like a little project.The black one will be like the main object in the design, the fabric is kinda hard. (i.e. it is very, very sturdy) Because I wanted to really make it come alive and like, when the fabric is too light, it will be dangling like a crazy thing, right? cross your fingers for me.
The black fabric will be covered with this white one, you know, just to add some chicness. lol
I'm so gay. It's mesh-y and very different.
Moving on..
This is the old, worn out, ragged, poor shirt that I have lying around the house. Too nasty?
I hope it wouldn't be after the makeover. Wish me luck!
tip: seventeen magazine Philippines
This was the inspiration, simple yet chic. Awesome magazine, the article was entitled "Nude Awakening". The stylist, Cindy Go, played around with the pale hue. Lots of great stuffs and psychedelic styling.

No comments: